Affidavit of Affixture

An Affidavit of Affixture is a document that is used to change the status of a manufactured home from personal property to real property.

An Affidavit of Affixture form may be obtained from the County Assessors Office or a Title Company. The affidavit will need to be completed and taken to the Motor Vehicle Department along with the title to the unit. Once the Motor Vehicle Department has verified and signed the affidavit; it will need to be recorded at the Navajo County Assessor’s Office.

If the unit is ever to be removed from the property, the manufactured home will need to go through the re-titling process. The requirements for re-titling are as follows:

  • Complete an application for Arizona Certificate of Title and Registration. (Motor Vehicle Department)
  • Submit a copy of the Affidavit of Affixture (Assessor or Recorder Office)
  • Submit a lien clearance, if applicable. (Lien Company)
  • Submit a tax clearance on the real property. (Assessor’s Office)
  • Have the manufactured home inspected to verify the vehicle identification number. (Motor Vehicle Department)
  • Submit a notarized bill of sale if the owner indicated on the  Affidavit of Affixture has transferred ownership.
  • Provide a written statement that the manufactured home is no longer affixed to the real property.

The items above need to be taken to the nearest Motor Vehicle Department to be processed.